Free Library Card Eligibility Requirements
There are several ways to qualify for a FREE library card from the Asbury Park Public Library. If you meet any of the requirements below, come in soon and apply for your FREE library card.
Free Library Cards are Issued to:
- Asbury Park residents;
- Asbury Park property owners;
- People who work in Asbury Park - full-time, part-time, or seasonal;
- People who attend school in Asbury Park -- public, private, vocational, parochial;
- Volunteer workers in social, charitable, educational, and other non-profit agencies in the city;
- Retired employees of the City of Asbury Park and the Asbury Park School District;
- Employees of the Asbury Park Press and the New Jersey Natural Gas Company;
- Active members of clubs, organizations, and societies based in or affiliated with Asbury Park;
- Literacy volunteers and their students who use the library as their meeting place;
- Clients of social agencies located in Asbury Park.
Brookdale Community College students who are not eligible for a free library card are entitled to receive a library card at a discounted rate of only $15.00 a year.