General Guidelines for Library Use
General Guidelines and Considerations
The following provides some of the general guidelines and things to take into consideration when visiting or using the library.
As a condition of entering and using the library for any purpose patrons must have a valid borrower’s card or other current, valid, and verifiable identification.
If you do not have a library card with us you must sign in at the circulation desk. Patrons unable or unwilling to meet these requirements will be required to leave the premises.
Checking Bags, Parcels, Briefcases, and Similar Items
As a condition of entering the and using the library for any purpose whatsoever patrons must agree to the following:
- to allow staff members to inspect any and all parcels, bags, briefcases and similar items at any time if requested;
- to check parcels and bags at the circulating desk when requested by a staff member (such storage to be at the patron’s risk);
- to present upon request of staff members a library card or other form of identification.
General Rules of Conduct
Eating and/or drinking is not permitted in any area of the library including the vestibule area.
Cell phone and/or pager use is not permitted in the library. As a courtesy to our patrons, please turn off your cell phones and pagers prior to entering the library.
The library is here for reference purposes. We ask that you please be respectful and courteous to library staff and patrons.
Library Services and Cosing Time
Library services end before the posted closing time. Please observe the following closing schedule:
- 30 minutes before closing: Announcement of library closing and call for final checkouts and purchases;
- 15 minutes before closing: No further purchases are allowed and circulation services cease. Library catalogs are turned off. Computers and copiers are turned off.