10 Reasons to Support Libraries
Ten Reasons to Donate to Your Local Public Library
(Or Any Public Library for That Matter!)
- Not all people can afford to buy their own books, and not all people want to. Public libraries allow for equal access to information, for those who wouldn’t have it otherwise.
- Libraries and librarians are the pioneers of the information revolution.
- Perhaps, to the suprise of many, everything is not available on the Internet – and it will never be.
- Most libraries now have Internet accessible computers available for public use. Many also have free Wireless Internet access.
- Libraries are more than just storehouses for books, they are community centers, hubs of activity.
- Most libraries (especially public libraries in urban and rural areas) are extremely under-funded. Even the smallest donation helps to make a difference.
- Most donations to libraries are tax-deductible.
- You’ll feel even better about yourself.
- Because giving is so much more fulfilling than receiving.
- Finally, because we said so!