Free Library Card Requirements
Qualifying for a Free Library Card from APPL
There are several ways to qualify for a free library card from the Asbury Park Public Library.
Free Library Cards are issued to:
- Asbury Park residents;
- Asbury Park property owners;
- People who work in Asbury Park – full-time, part-time, or seasonal;
- People who attend school in Asbury Park — public, private, vocational, parochial;
- Volunteer workers in social, charitable, educational, and other non-profit agencies in the city;
- Retired employees of the City of Asbury Park and the Asbury Park School District;
- Employees of the Asbury Park Press and the New Jersey Natural Gas Company;
- Active members of clubs, organizations, and societies based in or affiliated with Asbury Park;
- Literacy volunteers and their students who use the library as their meeting place;
- Clients of social agencies located in Asbury Park.
If you meet any of the above requirements, come in and apply for your free library card. If you don’t qualify for a free library card you can still get a library card from us! Read below for information about getting a subscription based library card.
Subscription Library Cards
If you are not eligible for a free library card, you can get an annual Subscription Library Card for only $25.00 a year. (That’s only about $2.09 a month!)
Click here for more information about getting a Subscription Library Card.